Each home is unique.
We aim to match the right solar solution to your home and property, and the Solar Canopy is our latest innovation. Now, you can go solar over your driveway, your patio, your woodpile, or create a whole new functional, outdoor space.
Solar Canopy advantages:
- A beautiful timber-frame structure supports the solar roof, wide enough to park two cars beneath!
- The Canopy produces enough clean energy to power and heat the average home. It comes in two sizes to meet additional demand such as an Electric Vehicle. Plus, we can install Electric Vehicle Chargers on request.
- Thanks to bi-facial solar panels, the Canopy is designed to take advantage of winter. When the Canopy’s top is covered with snow, the underside of the glass panels will produce power from sunlight reflected off the snow-covered ground. Bi-facial panels make the canopy our most productive system per square foot.
- As always, there’s no upfront cost and low interest financing.
- Ask about our Commercial Solar Canopy for larger versions.
Vermont passed a law in 2016 that restricted the building of large solar arrays on undeveloped land. The solar canopy is our response to that policy as well as a demonstration that solar can beautify and enhance the built environment.
In SunCommon Co-founder James Moore’s own words:
“Vermont is a beautiful place, and we want solar to fit into our built environment and working landscape. I designed SunCommon’s new Solar Canopy to be both beautiful and functional, embracing Vermont’s classic heritage and its clean energy future.”
“The canopy blends in really nicely as part of our lives and fits in well with our yard. All our friends were asking about it when we got it, and we’ve heard from our neighbors that it’s such a great alternative to panels on the roof. It’s really aesthetically pleasing!
Now that the canopy’s in our yard, we’re thinking about our energy all the time. We’re pondering getting an electric car and thinking about this as one step of many!”
— Sarah Francisco, Williston
“I talked with SunCommon a number of years ago, it was one of those things where I wanted to think it over. Few years went by and I thought to myself, if I’m ever gonna do it, now is the time. SunCommon takes care of a lot of your worries about how it’s all done; they handle the whole thing. What I call “turn key”… ‘We’ll take care of it.’
I think the canopy is beautiful. I like the post and beam structure. It gives you utilization for parking. You can get two vehicles under here easily. Right now I’m using it for the tractor.
It’s a great second-use storage place for firewood, another vehicle… I can envision putting in a nice stone area to take shelter from the sun. I think this is the future.”
— Ed Dombroski, Jericho