SunCommon is a Benefit Corporation based out of Waterbury that is fueled by the belief that everyone has the right to a healthy environment and safer world. So we’re tearing down the barriers that have made renewable energy inaccessible with the goal of repowering our communities one home, school, and business at a time. To this end, we make going solar easy and affordable so that all Vermonters together can take part in creating a healthier environment. We launched in 2012 and have already changed the solar landscape in Vermont. So we’re continuing to expand, to meet the demand we’re creating.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
In just a few years, SunCommon has grown into Vermont’s largest residential solar business having served over 3000 Vermonters. We begin with a community organizing approach to marketing, via high-touch, personal interactions with home and business owners who want solar but couldn’t figure it out or didn’t think they could afford it. We’ve done all the legwork to put together a total package that’s easy for the customer. We picked the best equipment manufacturer, lined up the finest installers and arranged attractive financing that saves our customers real money.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are looking for a skilled individual to provide financial administrative and clerical services. This position works with the Accounting team to ensure, timely and high quality communications with our valued customers and amazing staff.
In Accounts Receivable, they are responsible for the receipt and accounting of funds being paid to the organization. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed to account for the receipt of payment for goods and services completed by the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares invoices and mailing invoices to customers
- Records sales receipts and deposit incoming cash and checks
- Posts payments to customers accounts
- Prepares reports on delinquent accounts and customer payment profiles
- Reconciles cash receipts and deposits
- Reconciles accounts
- Files paper records to validate electronic data
- Performs data entry to help flow of information between different system platforms
- Backs up Accounts Payable functions as needed
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department
- Strong and confident team player with a positive attitude
- Two years experience in Accounting, and Associate degree in accounting or equivalent experience of education and experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality essential
- Effective communication, organization and time management skills
- Posses strong analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Demonstrated commitment to social change
PAY & BENEFITS
SunCommon provides our employees a competitive salary and strong package of benefits, including:
- For the employee and family, fully paid medical premiums as well as a significant contribution toward medical deductible expenses,
- For the employee and a spouse or dependent, fully paid dental premiums,
- 3 weeks paid personal leave (combined vacation and sick) for year 1; 4 weeks for year 2,
- 10 paid holidays annually,
- 401k company match 1:1 up to 3% of salary that the employee sets aside then 1:2 match for 4 or 5%.
HOW WE WORK
We feel huge responsibility to succeed, to honor our triple bottom line commitments to people (our employees and their families, our Customers and residents of the communities where we do business), planet (Vermont’s beloved environment and the broader globe, given climate change) and profit (providing capital to grow, revenue to share among our employees, and a reasonable return to our investors). This is important work, and we have fun doing it. Innovation is fun stuff.
We do it by celebrating creativity, cross-functional collaboration, high energy, hard work, good play, deep networking and with the acknowledgement that we’ll each make mistakes and learn from them. We know success. We know fun. Come do both with us.
In addition to meaningful work, we offer competitive salary and generous benefits. Our values are reflected in our workplace — our new net-positive office building with easy access to vibrant downtown Waterbury.
The Vermont Department of Economic Development named SunCommon as one of the state’s “Best Places to Work,” based in part on the delight registered by our employees in a confidential survey of our employees.
In PDF format, provide us a cover letter (including one of your greatest accomplishments) along with your resume to hr@SunCommon.com. SunCommon of course is an equal opportunity employer and we don’t tolerate harassment or other discrimination based upon sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, race, color, religion, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other legally protected status.