SunCommon is a Benefit Corporation based out of Waterbury that is fueled by the belief that everyone has the right to a healthy environment and brighter future – and renewable energy is where it starts. Energy from the sun can power our lives and build vibrant communities. Our mission is to tear down the barriers to clean energy and use our business for a force for good. We launched in 2012 and have already changed the solar landscape in Vermont. So we’re continuing to expand, to meet the demand we’re creating.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
SunCommon has grown into Vermont’s largest residential solar business having served over 3,000 customers. We begin with a community organizing approach to marketing, via high-touch, personal interactions with home and business owners who want solar but can’t figure it out or don’t think they could afford it. We’ve done all the legwork to put together a total package that’s easy for the customer. We picked the best equipment manufacturer, lined up the finest installers and arranged attractive financing that saves our customers real money.
SunCommon is seeking candidates for the following paid internships:
Guide Intern – The Guide Intern position is a 30 to 35-hour a week role that will support SunCommon’s customer service team this summer. Primary job responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling Solar Site Evaluations
- Scheduling Solar Orientations
- Making customized packets for solar orientations
- Corresponding with customers
- Identifying and merging duplicate leads/accounts in SunCommon’s customer relationship management software (CRM)
- Entering missing information in our CRM
- Streamlining reports and deleting unnecessary information from our CRM
We are seeking a candidate that is comfortable talking to our customers on the phone, has a keen attention to detail, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
Solar HR and Sustainability Intern – The Solar HR and Sustainability Intern will directly assist the Director of Talent and Solar Goddess with a wide range of projects related to recruiting, onboarding/orientation, office management and employee engagement. This position is a 24-hour a week summer position.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Project support in recruitment and applicant tracking
- Support office based events and sustainability initiatives across the office – garden and recycling program
- Research and collect data for various HR and facilities projects
- Network with external resources
- Prepare materials for orientation, including new hire paperwork
- Support fleet management and reception duties, including opening and distributing mail
- Research on job posting sites and advertise open positions
Marketing Intern – SunCommon is looking for a 20-hour per week Marketing Intern to support our community outreach efforts and in-office marketing support. Primary job responsibilities will include:
- Staffing marketing events such as farmers’ markets and other event support for the outreach team
- Assisting with marketing mailings and collateral prep
- Updating our events calendar and email platform
- Talking with customers over the phone and in person
- Assisting with other projects developed by the marketing leadership team
We are seeking a candidate that is comfortable engaging with members of the public in person and over the phone, and who is able to work evenings and weekends.
HOW WE WORK
We feel huge responsibility to succeed, to honor our triple bottom line commitments to people (our employees and their families, our Customers and residents of the communities where we do business), planet (Vermont’s beloved environment and the broader globe, given climate change) and profit (providing capital to grow, revenue to share among our employees, and a reasonable return to our investors). This is important work, and we have fun doing it. Innovation is fun stuff.
We do it by celebrating creativity, cross-function collaboration, high energy, hard work, good play, deep networking and with the acknowledgement that we’ll each make mistakes and learn from them. We know success. We know fun. Come do both with us.
In addition to meaningful work, we offer competitive salary and generous benefits (health, dental, paid leave time, retirement contribution). Our values are reflected in our workplace — a positive energy building with solar electricity – home to Vermont’s first roof-top community solar array.
Send a cover letter indicating what attracts you to this adventure and what you would bring to it along with your resume to hr@SunCommon.com. Please send the cover letter and resume as a single PDF document. SunCommon of course is an equal opportunity employer and we don’t tolerate harassment or other discrimination based upon sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, race, color, religion, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other legally protected status.