SunCommon is a Benefit Corporation based out of Waterbury Center that is fueled by the belief that everyone has the right to a healthy environment and brighter future – and renewable energy is where it starts. Energy from the sun can power our lives and build vibrant communities. Our mission is to tear down the barriers to clean energy and use our business for a force for good. We launched in 2012 and have already changed the solar landscape in Vermont. So we’re continuing to expand, to meet the demand we’re creating.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
SunCommon has grown into Vermont’s largest residential solar business having served over 3,000 customers. We begin with a community organizing approach to marketing, via high-touch, personal interactions with home and business owners who want solar but can’t figure it out or don’t think they could afford it. We’ve done all the legwork to put together a total package that’s easy for the customer. We picked the best equipment manufacturer, lined up the finest installers and arranged attractive financing that saves our customers real money.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The IT User Support Specialist will report to the IT Director and will be the primary point of technical assistance on issues related to hardware and software to SunCommon Staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
This position will:
- Be the primary point of contact for technical assistance and support of incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Support end user systems, network infrastructure, and user application systems.
- Respond to queries either in person or remotely over the phone.
- Track all requests in ticket management system and follow-up with users to ensure the issue is resolved.
- Provision user hardware and accessories.
- Provision user accounts and maintain and audit security permissions.
- Track user hardware inventory and proactively monitor for replacement and upgrade, including maintaining spare inventory.
- Purchase new equipment and suggest standard hardware options
- Write and maintain user support documentation for hardware and software systems
- Basic administration of business applications, including adding new fields and workflows, and reporting
- Work with users to determine requirements for more complex customizations, test delivered solutions, and write functional user documentation
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent experience;
- Mac OSX desktop and iOS experience is essential;
- Experience managing Google Apps, Dropbox, Salesforce, Office 365, or other cloud platforms is required,
- Previous experience in end user support is highly recommended;
- Windows and Linux experience preferred;
- Experience in network troubleshooting of LAN, WAN, WLAN;
- Experience with PBX phone system and Shoretel;
- Experience with Apple DEP and MDM systems is highly desired
- Ability to adapt to change and quickly learn new systems and technologies is essential;
- Database, data analytics, business intelligence experience or aptitude is desired
- Ability to translate user requests into functional requirements;
- Commitment to SunCommon’s purpose and vision.
PAY & BENEFITS
SunCommon offers our employees a competitive salary and strong package of benefits, including:
- For the employee and her/his family, fully paid medical premiums as well as a significant contribution toward medical deductible expenses,
- For the employee and a spouse or dependent, fully paid dental premiums,
- 3 weeks paid personal leave (combined vacation and sick) for year 1, 4 weeks for year 2,
- 10 paid holidays annually,
- 401k company match 1:1 up to 3% of salary that the employee sets aside then 1:2 match for 4 or 5%,
HOW WE WORK
We feel huge responsibility to succeed, to honor our triple bottom line commitments to people (our employees and their families, our Customers and residents of the communities where we do business), planet (Vermont’s beloved environment and the broader globe, given climate change) and profit (providing capital to grow, revenue to share among our employees, and a reasonable return to our investors). This is important work, and we have fun doing it. Innovation is fun stuff.
We do it by celebrating creativity, cross-function collaboration, high energy, hard work, good play, deep networking and with the acknowledgement that we’ll each make mistakes and learn from them. We know success. We know fun. Come do both with us.
In addition to meaningful work, we offer competitive salary and generous benefits (health, dental, paid leave time, retirement contribution). Our values are reflected in our workplace — Vermont’s only net-zero office building with geothermal heating and cooling, solar electricity and hot water, and electrical car charging stations– in a gorgeous setting in Waterbury.
Send a cover letter indicating what attracts you to this adventure and what you would bring to it along with your resume to hr@SunCommon.com. SunCommon of course is an equal opportunity employer and we don’t tolerate harassment or other discrimination based upon sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, race, color, religion, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other legally protected status.