SunCommon is a Benefit Corporation based out of Waterbury that is fueled by the belief that everyone has the right to a healthy environment and safer world. So we’re tearing down the barriers that have made renewable energy inaccessible with the goal of repowering our communities one home, school, and business at a time. To this end, we make going solar easy and affordable so that all Vermonters together can take part in creating a healthier environment. We launched in 2012 and have already changed the solar landscape in Vermont. So we’re continuing to expand, to meet the demand we’re creating.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
In just a few years, SunCommon has grown into Vermont’s largest residential solar business having served over 3000 Vermonters. We begin with a community organizing approach to marketing, via high-touch, personal interactions with home and business owners who want solar but couldn’t figure it out or didn’t think they could afford it. We’ve done all the legwork to put together a total package that’s easy for the customer. We picked the best equipment manufacturers, lined up the finest installers and arranged attractive financing that saves our customers real money.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Warehouse Assistant position works with the rest of the Warehouse team. Responsibilities include picking inventory from our warehouse and packing the job trailers for solar installations. This position is also responsible for delivering job trailers to customer homes and delivering materials to job sites. This position represents our company in a professional and cost effective manner aiming at increasing profitability and customer satisfaction. After solar installations are complete and the trailers return, this individual cleans and restocks the trailer. The ideal candidate is able to work efficiently and independently, with an eye for process improvement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains safe and clean working condition of vehicles and trailers
- Ability to safely load and secure equipment for transportation
- Frequently interacts with public as a representative of SunCommon
- Maintains accurate filing of receipts and documents
- Accurately updates and maintains bin locations within the warehouse
- Supports receiving activities
- Supports outgoing freight (returns) activities
- Must have the physical ability to lift 50 lbs; load, unload, and store incoming and outgoing inventory
- Assists in the maintenance of a clean and orderly warehouse, interior and exterior
- Two years experience working in a Warehouse, and High School diploma or equivalent experience of education and experience
- Familiarity with inventory systems
- Comfortable working with Apple computing systems
- Certifiable as fork lift operator, fork lift experience a plus
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to a safe working environment and culture
- Ability to work inside and outside throughout the year and in varying conditions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated commitment to social change
PAY & BENEFITS
SunCommon provides our employees a competitive salary and strong package of benefits, including:
- For the employee and family, fully paid medical premiums as well as a significant contribution toward medical deductible expenses,
- For the employee and a spouse or dependent, fully paid dental premiums,
- 3 weeks paid personal leave (combined vacation and sick) for year 1; 4 weeks for year 2,
- 10 paid holidays annually,
- 401k company match 1:1 up to 3% of salary that the employee sets aside then 1:2 match for 4 or 5%.
HOW WE WORK
We feel huge responsibility to succeed, to honor our triple bottom line commitments to people (our employees and their families, our Customers and residents of the communities where we do business), planet (Vermont’s beloved environment and the broader globe, given climate change) and profit (providing capital to grow, revenue to share among our employees, and a reasonable return to our investors). This is important work, and we have fun doing it. Innovation is fun stuff.
We do it by celebrating creativity, cross-functional collaboration, high energy, hard work, good play, deep networking and with the acknowledgement that we’ll each make mistakes and learn from them. We know success. We know fun. Come do both with us.
In addition to meaningful work, we offer competitive salary and generous benefits. Our values are reflected in our workplace — our new net-positive office building with easy access to vibrant downtown Waterbury.
The Vermont Department of Economic Development named SunCommon as one of the state’s “Best Places to Work,” based in part on the delight registered by our employees in a confidential survey of our employees.
In PDF format, provide us a cover letter (including one of your greatest accomplishments) along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . SunCommon of course is an equal opportunity employer and we don’t tolerate harassment or other discrimination based upon sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, race, color, religion, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other legally protected status.