SunCommon believes that everyone has the right to a healthy environment and brighter future – and renewable energy is where it starts. Energy from the sun can power our lives and build vibrant communities. Our mission is to tear down barriers to clean energy and use our business as a force for good.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
SunCommon is a marriage of two Rochester, NY and Vermont-based innovative, renewable energy companies. In January 2017, the companies joined forces to become a regional solar powerhouse that boasts Vermont’s largest residential solar business (with more than 3000 Vermonters served!), a thriving commercial solar construction business, and significant market share in the fast-growing Rochester solar market that is home to more than 1 million people.
We utilize an innovative community organizing approach to marketing, via high-touch, personal interactions with home and business owners who want solar but couldn’t figure it out or didn’t think they could afford it. We’ve done all the legwork to put together a total package that’s easy for the customer. We picked the best equipment manufacturers, lined up the finest installers and arranged attractive financing that saves our customers real money.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
SunCommon’s field marketing program is our boots on the ground and the face of our company in the communities we serve – and, drives the majority of our inbound leads in most months. The Solar Field Marketing Manager is responsible for the oversight of this program, managing our team of Community and Grassroots Organizers.
Our Community Organizers build relationships with the movers and shakers in the communities in which they work and hold relationships with our more active customers years after they’ve gone solar. They are responsible for igniting those interested in building a local, clean energy future to gain visibility for SunCommon, create educational and community events, form partnerships, and drive high quality leads.
Our Grassroots Organizers are our primary prospecting force. They staff our booth at large events and knock on doors in the communities we work. They bring our message of easy and affordable solar beyond the choir, engaging folks wherever they’re at – at markets, concerts, and sporting events and at their front doors. They build brand awareness as well as bringing in leads.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Solar Field Marketing Manager is responsible for:
- Hiring and Training Staff. Providing on-boarding training, as well as ongoing feedback and development. This position spends one to two days/week in the field, working alongside staff, testing and developing the program, and contributing personally to lead goals.
- Tracking and Analysis. Developing systems that provide for effective tracking and staff accountability. As with all marketing work, this program is perpetually in motion and assessing its successes and challenges in real time is important.
- Marketing Team Leadership. We expect significant growth and development of our marketing and sales program in the coming years, driven by a strong team of leaders working together to identify and meet the opportunity in front of us.
- Program Development. Imagining and implementing the new. The solar industry is constantly evolving – we call it the SolarCoaster – and our outreach work has to evolve with it.
- Proven excellence in customer- or member-facing, relation-driven roles. For example, 3-5 years of experience in events planning, political organizing, canvass directing, or volunteer management.
- Demonstrated management skills. Ideal candidate will have managed staff and/or new program development work.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Salesforce/CRM experience a plus, but not required.
- An infectious passion for re-energizing our communities with renewable power.
- Goal-oriented. Attune to key metrics and driven to deliver.
HOW WE WORK
We feel a huge responsibility to succeed, to honor our triple bottom line commitments as a BCorp to people (our employees and their families, our customers and residents of the communities where we do business), planet (New York’s beloved environment and the broader globe, given climate change) and profit (providing capital to grow, revenue to share among our employees, and a reasonable return to our investors).
This is important work, and we have fun doing it. Innovation is exciting stuff. We do it by celebrating creativity, cross-function collaboration, high energy, hard work, good play, deep networking and with the acknowledgement that we’ll each make mistakes and learn from them. We know success. We know fun. Come do both with us.
In addition to meaningful work, we offer competitive salary and generous benefits (health, dental, paid leave time). Our values are reflected in our workplace – located within a micro-grid, fully powered by wind and solar.
PAY & BENEFITS
SunCommon provides our employees a competitive salary and strong package of benefits, including:
- For the employee and family, fully paid medical premiums as well as a significant contribution toward medical deductible expenses,
- For the employee and family, fully paid dental premiums,
- Unlimited vacation and sick leave
Please email us a cover letter (including one of your greatest accomplishments) along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your cover letter and resume as a single PDF document and include the name of the job title in the subject line of the email. SunCommon is of course is an equal opportunity employer and we don’t tolerate harassment or other discrimination based upon sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, race, color, religion, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other legally protected status.